Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Staying True To Myself

As a human beings, we want to be loved and liked. Sometimes the price we pay for that is far too high. We sacrifice things and relationships too easily because of disapproval without thinking it through. Sometimes the people we love the most don't always know what's best for you.

I don't care so much for strangers' opinions of me but I do care about what the people closest to me have to say. However, I have come to a point where I have to take a stand for who I am. 

My choice to be a writer has taken on a much bigger role than just a career path. It has taught me to stand up for myself. For too long, I have let other people's opinions batter me. Yes, sometimes people don't think through before they speak and they have a right to an opinion but it's MY CHOICE to let it affect me or not. I use to think if I act or think the way people wanted me to then people will like me but I slowly lose myself in the process. 

To look in the mirror and see the person you're meant to be fighting to come out is sad. It's sad because I know I am the wall the prevents the real me from coming out. I want to write and I'm going to keep writing. I know I have a lot of good things to say. I want to change the world for the better. I want to inspire others. I don't always know what's next or how to proceed but I'm really ok with that. It's scary but I'm happy.

At the end of the day, I look in the mirror and see a beautiful and talented woman that God has created. I must forge on for my own sake.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment