Friday, February 21, 2014

Knock Out

Everyone has a different upbringing. Everyone has had their ups and downs. It's easier to spend the rest of your life living as a victim or even a survivor than to step out and be an overcomer.

 What would it look like to live as an OVERCOMER? An overcomer is someone who has triumphed over adversity.

It's like in boxing when we just put our arms up to defend the constant punches from the opponent. Every punch from the opponent is like a hurt or lie that is happening or one that remains after an incident is over. It's time to be an overcomer and fight back. We are NOT meant to just get punch and wait for time to run out so we can go home. We have to stand up and fight those lies and hurts.

I'm born in a third world country. My family has very little money growing up. My mom has passed away at a very young age. I have a masters degree yet I'm still here waitressing waiting for my big break. The lies that I face everyday are so overwhelming but enough is enough. I can't play defense anymore. I will fight those lies that I'm not good enough and I'll never mount to anything. I will change the world. I will make a name for myself. It's KNOCK OUT time.

No comments:

Post a Comment